Regular Air Conditioner Cleaning Service While it may seem a little early for annual air conditioner cleaning, it makes good sense to beat the heat and make sure your entire home’s conditioning system is ready for the summer! The cost savings can be huge over the year, even if you don’t have a thermostat malfunction. Here’s what you need to do for regular yearly Air Conditioner Cleaning Brisbane:
* Test Your AC Filter Regularly: If you or anyone else in your household is allergic to dust or other allergens, you need to change out your air conditioner filters every six months. Dust and pollen collect in the air conditioner filter, where it sits for a period of up to two years before getting trapped inside. If it becomes clogged with dust, pollen or other irritants, it won’t cool your home as well as it should, and you may end up having to replace your unit air filter at least once a year. Regular cleaning will help reduce the amount of allergens you’re breathing, keeping your family healthy and safe.
* Remove Old Appliances: This applies to both new and old appliances, especially if they haven’t been used in many years. Your air conditioner unit needs air conditioning because it removes heat from the environment and turns it into cool air. As you remove older units from your home, you also remove some of the cooling effectiveness that they bring, so you should think about removing them altogether if you want to stay comfortable this season. Your system will work better when there aren’t a lot of moving parts to get clogged.
* Check Your HVAC Heating System: While you’re doing your air conditioner cleaning, you should check your heating system too. If your furnace is not properly vented, you could be causing excess amounts of humidity in your house. If left alone, this can build up in your ducts and cause the air conditioning unit to function less than it should. Unvented heating systems don’t circulate cold air throughout your home, which cuts down on both energy usage and air quality. You can either have your furnace serviced to fix the problem or clean it yourself with special equipment designed for furnace repair.
* Clean Your Air Conditioner Coil Heaters: Your air conditioning system may be filled with dirt, dust or other debris that could be clogging your evaporator coil. A dirty coil can cause your system to run less efficiently, and over time, this can damage the evaporator and other components. If you suspect that your coils need cleaning, you should contact an air conditioning contractor to do it right.
* Annual Air Conditioner Cleaning: Although many people think of spring as the perfect time to perform annual air conditioner maintenance, it’s important to keep your system clean for as long as possible. Periodic cleaning helps prevent breakdowns. When you have a problem, you can identify where it started and address the issue right away. Ongoing air conditioner cleaning will also reduce your heating bills by reducing allergens and airborne irritants in your home. And if you have a broken compressor or other appliance, annual air conditioner cleaning can often get it running more efficiently and save you money on repairs.
* Air Conditioner Cleaning Tips: If you think your air conditioner coils need to be cleaned, there are a few simple guidelines that you can follow to ensure you don’t skip the right time. First, wipe your condenser coil before you begin any air conditioner cleaning. If dust has built up, then wipe it down again. If you see any signs of rust, you can clean those first before you move on to other areas.
It’s also important to note that you should never clean the refrigerant tank, drain lines, or evaporator coils at the same time as you’re cleaning your air conditioner. Clean your refrigerant tank first, and then drain and wipe your condenser coil and evaporator coils. Dust build-up is very common in these areas because dirt gets into the system components and contaminates them. This contamination can affect the operation of your system, so it’s important to always pay attention to keeping your system components clean.